Tenuta il Cicalino Toscano IGP
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Toscano IGP
Frantoio, Leccino and Pendolino are the names of the varieties that form the blend. They are typical Tuscan and are characterized by particular tastes and scents. Fruits are of average size depending on the variety, the Frantoio variety is prevailing. Green with violet shades (turning dark) for the Frantoio, black for the Leccino and green for the Pendolino.
Harvest is done by hand and mechanically starting mid October till the end of November. Cold-pressing (T <27° C) is carried out immediately after harvesting.
Chemical and physical characteristics
- The oil presents the acidity of <0.2%, good oxidation parameters (Peroxides and UV Absorption) and is mid-high in biophenols (natural antioxidants).
- Fragrance is fruity, green and medium ripe with a slight scent of leaf.
- Taste is that of an astringent artichoke and almond.
- Colour is yellow with green shades.
- After taste is medium bitter and spicy.
Being full of flavours and scents but balanced at the same time, it goes with red meat and all kinds of soups.
Winner of the platinum medal at the GOOA in Berlin 2021 in the high polyphenols section.